Million Pound Lottery Terms and Conditions 7th May 2021
By purchasing a ticket for the Jersey Hospice Care Million Pound Lottery (the ‘MPL’) the ticket purchaser agrees to be bound by the following terms and conditions:
1. The MPL is being promoted by Jersey Hospice Care (‘JHC’), a registered charity in Jersey, registration number 30.
2. There are ten prizes, one each of £1 million, £100,000, £75,000, £50,000 and £25,000 and five prizes of £10,000.
3. In addition, there is an Early Bird prize of a £1,000 de Gruchy’s Gift Voucher (no cash alternative) for those who purchase their MPL ticket prior to 6pm on 30 June 2021 (in accordance with Clause 15).
4. All those affiliated with JHC and its subsidiary companies are permitted to purchase tickets except members of Council and the Executive Team, and their spouse or partner and any financially dependent children aged 18 or over.
5. The tickets will be numbered from 1,000 to 7,999.
6. Tickets must be purchased by adults aged 18 years old or over. Any ticket purchaser found to be under 18 years of age automatically forfeits the right to claim a prize which will revert to Jersey Hospice Care, their ticket price will be refunded to the original payment card and their ticket will be voided. Should this occur, it will be reported to the Jersey Gambling Commission.
7. Only tickets for which full payment has been received at the date of the MPL draw may be entered into the MPL and eligible to win the prizes. Tickets will be available for purchase until 6pm on Friday 27 August, or until they are sold-out upon which time tickets will no longer be available.
8. Tickets are sold to individuals, whose name is recorded to the ticket purchase and printed on to the ticket. Only one name will be entered as the ticket purchaser. Any winnings will only be paid to the ticket purchaser in accordance with these terms and conditions.
9. The ticket purchaser is responsible for providing JHC with accurate and up to date contact details, including their name and address and the ticket purchaser shall inform JHC of any changes to these details as soon as they arise. JHC will be in no way liable for the failure or inability to contact a ticket purchaser due to any errors, omissions or inaccuracies in the information provided by the ticket purchaser.
10. Online ticket purchasers must be ordinarily resident in Jersey, unless they are known to Jersey Hospice Care for 12 months previous to the draw and have been provided with a pre-verification code. In-person sales are permitted to those who are not ordinarily resident in Jersey.
11. All ticket purchases will be recorded through the platform hosted at https://mpl.jerseyhospicecare.com which will provide an emailed ticket detailing the ticket number issued to the purchaser which will include the purchaser’s name, in addition, a linked printable receipt will be available.
12. Ticket purchasers may print a paper copy of their ticket receipt. However, the electronic confirmation of purchase and issued ticket number(s) will take priority.
13. Tickets for the MPL are non-transferable and all ticket sales will be deemed as final as evidenced by the electronic confirmation of purchase.
14. All tickets purchased prior to 6 pm on 30 June 2021 will be automatically entered into the Early Bird draw. The Early Bird Draw will take place on Wednesday 7th July at 10 am at Jersey Hospice Care.
15. The MPL draw will take place on Friday 3 September 2021 at The Royal Yacht Hotel, from 17.30 subject to the terms of Clause 16.
16. JHC reserves the right to alter the nature of the draw and to change the venue of the draw but not the date or time, in accordance with the Jersey Gambling Commission’s rules and regulations and the permit issued. Any changes will be communicated through com, mpl.jerseyhospicecare.com, twitter.com/JerseyHospice, facebook.com/JerseyHospiceCare instagram.com/JerseyHospiceCare and the local media.
17. The MPL prizes will be drawn in order from highest to lowest value.
18. The MPL draw will be made by the drawing of balls from four individual containers, (one with numbers 1 - 7 and three with numbers 0 – 9) and called by individual digits from the last number to the first.
19. Tickets may win only one prize. If a ticket number is drawn more than once, then the draw will be taken again. This will continue until all prizes are won by unique ticket numbers.
20. If an unsold ticket is drawn, after verification by external auditors that the ticket is unsold, the draw will be taken again. This will continue until all prizes are won by a sold ticket number.
21. The MPL draw will be witnessed by a representative from PKF BBA Ltd, our external auditors.
22. JHC will publish the sole definitive results of the draw on jerseyhospicecare.com, facebook.com/JerseyHospiceCare, twitter.com/JerseyHospice instagram.com/JerseyHospiceCare and in the local media.
23. Winning ticket holders are requested to contact JHC on (01534) 510349 from 09.00 on Monday 6 September 2021.
24. Prizes will be awarded to winners upon evidence of the electronic confirmation of purchase, satisfactory proof of identity, and evidence that the winner has complied with all terms and conditions.
25. Prizes must be claimed by 31 December 2021. The right to collect any prize money after this period ceases and the prize money becomes the property of JHC.
26. Any ticket purchased in breach of these terms and conditions will be voidable at the sole discretion of Jersey Hospice Care.
27. Any complaints relating to MPL should be made in writing to the Chief Executive of Jersey Hospice Care at Mont Cochon, St Helier, JE2 3JB. Any decision that is made in accordance with these terms and conditions shall be final and binding.
28. Jersey Hospice Care's Million Pound Lottery is regulated by the Jersey Gambling Commission (JGC) under permit # CP-1829-21 and is required to provide JGC with details of all prize winners.