Million Pound Lottery Terms and Conditions 5th May 2020
By purchasing a ticket for the Jersey Hospice Care Million Pound Lottery (the ‘MPL’) the ticket purchaser agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions:
1. The MPL is being promoted by Jersey Hospice Care (‘JHC’), a registered charity in Jersey, registration number 30.
2. There are ten prizes, one each of £1 million, £100,000, £75,000, £50,000 and £25,000 and five prizes of £10,000.
3. In addition there is an Early Bird prize of a £1,000 de Gruchy’s Gift Voucher (no cash alternative) for those who purchase their MPL ticket prior to midnight on 30 June 2020 (in accordance with Clause 16).
4. All those affiliated with JHC and its subsidiary companies are permitted to purchase tickets except members of Council and the Executive Team, and their spouse or partner and any financially dependent children aged 18 or over, who may not purchase either as individuals or as part of a syndicate.
5. The tickets will be numbered from 1,000 to 7,999.
6. Tickets must be purchased by adults aged 18 years old or over. Any ticket purchaser found to be under 18 years of age automatically forfeits the right to claim a prize which will revert to Jersey Hospice Care.
7. Only tickets for which full payment has been received at the date of the MPL draw may be entered into the MPL and eligible to win the prizes.
8. Only one name should be entered as the ticket purchaser and will be recorded against the number of the ticket purchased. Any winnings will only be paid to that person in accordance with these terms and conditions.
9. In the event of a syndicate ticket purchase, the onus is on the syndicate to ensure that all members are aged 18 or over and to nominate one member to buy the ticket. The ticket purchaser’s name will be registered against the ticket number and any winnings shall be paid to that person in accordance with these terms and conditions.
10. The ticket purchaser is responsible for providing JHC with accurate and up to date contact details, including their name and address and the ticket purchaser shall inform JHC of any changes to these details as soon as they arise. JHC will be in no way liable for the failure or inability to contact a ticket purchaser due to any errors, omissions or inaccuracies in the information provided by the ticket purchaser.
11. All ticket purchases will be recorded through the platform hosted at www.mpl.jerseyhospicecare.com which will provide email confirmation of ticket numbers issued to the purchaser.
12. Ticket purchasers may request a paper copy of their ticket. However, the electronic confirmation of purchase and issued ticket number(s) will take priority.
13. Tickets for the MPL are non-transferable and all ticket sales will be deemed as final as evidenced by the electronic confirmation of purchase.
14. All tickets purchased prior to midnight on 30 June 2020 will be automatically entered into the Early Bird draw (unless the purchaser opts out at point of purchase). The Early Bird Draw will take place on Tuesday 7th July at 10am at Jersey Hospice Care.
15. The MPL draw will take place on Friday 16 October 2020 at The Royal Yacht Hotel, from 17.30 subject to the terms of Clause 18.
16. JHC reserves the right to alter the nature of the draw and to change the venue of the draw but not the date or time. JHC shall endeavour to notify all ticket purchasers of any change to the venue through jerseyhospicecare.com, twitter.com/JerseyHospice, facebook.com/JerseyHospiceCare and the local media.
17. The MPL prizes will be drawn in order from highest to lowest value.
18. The MPL draw will be made by the drawing of balls from four individual containers, (one with numbers 1 - 7 and three with numbers 0 – 9) and called by individual digits, not ticket number.
19. Tickets may win only one prize. If a ticket number is drawn more than once then the draw will be taken again. This will continue until all prizes are won by unique ticket numbers.
20. If an unsold ticket is drawn, after verification by external auditors that the ticket is unsold, the draw will be taken again. This will continue until all prizes are won by a sold ticket number.
21. The MPL draw will be witnessed by a representative from PKF BBA Ltd, our external auditors.
22. JHC will publish the sole definitive results of the draw on jerseyhospicecare.com, facebook.com/JerseyHospiceCare, twitter.com/JerseyHospice and in the local media.
23. Winning ticket holders are requested to contact JHC on (01534) 510349 from 09.00 on Monday 19 October 2020.
24. Prizes will be awarded to winners upon evidence of the electronic confirmation of purchase, satisfactory proof of identity, and evidence that the winner has complied with these terms and conditions.
25. Prizes must be claimed by 31 December 2020. The right to collect any prize money after this period ceases and the prize money becomes the property of JHC.
26. Any ticket purchased in breach of these terms and conditions will be voidable at the sole discretion of Jersey Hospice Care.
27. Any complaints relating to MPL should be made in writing to the Chief Executive of Jersey Hospice Care at Mont Cochon, St Helier, JE2 3JB. Any decision that is made in accordance with these terms and conditions shall be final and binding.
28. Jersey Hospice Care's Million Pound Lottery is regulated by the Jersey Gambling Commission (JGC) under permit CP-1623-20 and is required to provide JGC with details of all prize winners.